Monday, August 16, 2004

For Expression

I love to watch def poetry. I love it because I get to see people express themselves through powerful words. I love expression because it don’t have to be a tear or a smile. Expression is a sigh, a word, a phrase, a sentence, a dialogue, a movie, a song, a painting. It is anything that emotion can be driven from and into. Expression shows freedom. A freedom I wish and longed for.

This and That

This is an expression,
Expression of my time.
Time spent to amuse myself,
Myself that is usually locked away.
Locked away in a room I built.
A room I built to make my thoughts.
My thoughts that I choose to share
Share with friends that I made.

That was my expression.
A time spent to make me happy.
A pleasure that I give to myself
Without the need of anyone or anything.
I am, now lighter of a few thoughts
Making my body relax
And feeling relief that can only
Be treasured by someone like me,
And many others like you.

No comments: