Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Faith

Faith. How would you describe your faith. For these past these days I have heard this word being mention. I wonder sometimes how strong is my faith. Sometimes, I believe it isn't at a level that some people show it to be.
Faith is describe as "Confident belief in the truth, value, or trustworthiness of a person, idea, or thing". As well as, "Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence". Of course, it is also describe as "The theological virtue defined as secure belief in God and a trusting acceptance of God's will".
I believe that things will happen as it should. I pray. I wouldn't say that I pray every night but I pray most nights and mornings. I pray and ask for what I want and I give thanks when it is receives. But in asking, you must be helping yourself along the way as well. You can not just expect things will be done. Now, I don't really go to church, but I pray at home. I am wondering these days about faith. I heard my friend mention that she had faith and that late at night when she is going home, she just pray and walk. "Not afraid of a thing" she says. I can go that but I wouldn't want one. Times are not safe to walk like that. So, I wonder, if I am showing my faith enough?

3 comments:

Meadow said...

"Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence"

That's the definition I have issues with. In that regard, I don't have any faith. Things need to make sense for me. Otherwise, I may as well have faith that there really is a Santa Claus who visits all the Christian homes around the world in one night ... or any other fairy tale. What's the difference between having faith in that and having faith in God if neither one have them are founded in logic?

I'm not saying I don't believe in God. I do. But I have questions about faith, too.

Sorry for the rant.

josie said...

you are welcome any time to make a rant.

i like the point you made. it makes sense. some people show off sometimes about how strong their faith is, that i just dont believe them. sometimes even when i am in a church i just look around.

i know my mom says that you must be vibrant when praising the lord and not dead, but some are just acting. i wonder what really is their faith?

sanjupawar said...

Be aware of what's going on in india. Get all the Indian news at your fingertip easily. Get all the details, trending topics in India at one place. india trending