Thursday, April 13, 2006

Misreading

It had this guy Marlon who had like me. I haven't heard of him in about two to three weeks, so I would use the past tense that he had like me. He was trying hard for me to like him, but everything he was doing was turning me off. I like things to have an easy flow but it just wasn't happening. I know body language speak loudly, but sometimes a person respond to something that wasn't directed to them. Ok, here is an example. Folding your arms is a negative sign depending on the situation where it was display. Now, my friend and her boyfriend is standing to the back of me. Marlon was standing to the back of them. My friend was talking with her boyfriend and I don't know what Marlon was doing, but I was looking for transport. So I step up from them and look up the road for transport, saw none and fold my arms, continuing to look up the road. All of sudden, I would hear him say "That is a sign of rejection." He came closer to me and say again.
Plainly, I said to him "If I was speaking to you and did that, well then you can say that. But was we speaking? No!" He said I had a point. He said something after that but I tune him out. It was late and I wanted to go home.

1 comment:

Meadow said...

Good for you for not falling for that "okey doke" and speaking your mind.