Saturday, December 17, 2005

True Words

I was watching "Woman, Thou Art Loose" lastnight on BET. During a conversation with T.D. Jakes and the leading lady, she said to him "Don't confuse talent with skill. Anyone can learn a skill." That is very true. But when does a skill cross into a talent?

Whatever you are by nature, keep to it; never desert your line of talent. Be what nature intended you for and you will succeed.

To know how to hide one's ability is great skill.

We are all born with a talent that is just ours. We were never taught how to use it or do it but we just knew. Well, I know I can draw so that is one talent that I recognize. Also, I consider my creativity a talent.

I learned how to crochet sometime November last year. The kind of person that I am, I always try to better myself or learned to do something different. Since learning to crochet, I have made hats, doilies, filets, candle holder cozies, chaplets and teddy bears. The one thing I learned on my own is how to read the patterns instructions. My aunties and my neighbour crochet their things from watching a picture and counting on the finish product.

The first teddy bear that I made I named Blue Black Bear. I made that last year christmas. One of my mummy friends came over, saw it and shake the living cuteness out of the teddy bear. It wasn't stuff good to begin with but when she put it down it was lopsided. But the second teddy that I made last month, I named Pink Sweater Bear. You can see that this toy was made with more love and patience. And no one is going to shake this teddy bear. They can touch it in my hand and may be hold. But the first sign of shaking, I going to take it away.

2 comments:

Meadow said...

That is an amazing talent. I'm not good with my hands at all. You can draw and crochet? See, those are two "hand" talents. I'm in complete awe of you. :)

josie said...

thanks goddess! but i cant only draw what i see and not create. i wish to create something.
by the way, i try to register for your site but i think i got to do it over. it said my username is incorrect.
~
well, lady, you wouldn't believe that i dont really have place for my teddy bear.