Friday, September 24, 2004

Believing The Untrue

I like to pretend that I can sing and these days I am just listening to Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine, some Avril Lavigne and some J-kwon. I thought I wasn't going to like his music but he got me. He, to me, is very good. So, with me being home by myself these days, I play the songs on the highest volume and pretend I can sing. Sometimes, my neighbour hears me. I just like to hear the first verse in Sweet Child O' Mine:

She's got a smile that it seems to me
Reminds me of childhood memories
Where everything
Was as fresh as the bright blue sky
Now and then when I see her face
She takes me away to that special place
And if I stared too long
I'd probably break down and cry

That part alone makes me happy and give me some kind of energy. Now, I like Avril Lavigne’s Slipped Away:

The day you slipped away
Was the day I found it won't be the same oh

And also Freak Out:

You don't always have to do everything right
Stand up for yourself
And put up a fight
Walk around with your hands up in the air
Like you don't care

'Cause I'm all right
I'm fine
Just freak out let it go

And also Who Knows:

Find yourself
'Cause I can't find you
Be yourself
Who are you?
Find yourself
'Cause I can't find you
Be yourself
Who are you?

Even though I can be singing the whole song, I get really lively at those parts. Now, for J-Kwon I found the lyrics to these two songs. These are the parts I like:
They Ask Me:

[Chorus]They ask me, do I believe in God
So I ask them, did I defeat the odds

[Bridge]
La, la, la, la, la, la, la
Now they ask me how you know so much at 17
What you mean
You never seen a dysfuctional teen
La, la, la, la, la, la, la, woah
Times got hard I had to get harder
Let me take that back I had to get smarter

His next song - You & Me

[Chorus- Sadiyyah]
Don't need no ice and no billie
I just wanna have you here wit me
I'm their for you, always be true
It's just you and me, you and me
You don't have to go double platinum
I'll be their and I'm always goin' back em'
I'm their for you, always be true
It's just you and me you and me

Music can really give you energy. Yup, I believe I can sing below loud music. I don't want to be the reason for rain. (^_^)

No comments: