Sunday, July 09, 2006

Poetry vibes 4

My pact

How easy it was for you to hurt me.
Your words might have well been slaps,
As I felt each pained across my cheeks.
Yet, my heart holds onto you so strong.
So, I am deciding now, at this second.
I will cry all my tears
For pain felt in the past,
For all pain I felt today, and
For all the pain you will cause in days to come.
I will cry all my tears in my hands,
And rub them into my face and over my lips.
I will take a deep breath then and make a shield.
I am ready for the pain you will cause tomorrow.
As the words lash out of your mouth,
My eyes will look off the ground,
And straight into your blank eyes.
But in my eyes you will see, the pact
I made to myself.
You will not hurt me anymore
No matter how much I love you.

2 comments:

Meadow said...

I love the strength in this one.

The Humanity Critic said...

Nice piece Josie..