Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Poetry At Will

My Eyes To Cry

Real tears that streamed from my eyes
Were hidden from the ones who caused it.
The hurt that gripped strong at my heart,
Cause me to hide once again.
Hide from all compliments, all remarks,
All false and real smiles.
My heart, I decide, needs to hardened.
Turn cold all emotions and feelings
That may cause me to cry.
To cry tears down a familiar path on my cheeks.
As I look in the mirror now,
I see stale tears smeared across my cheeks,
My nose turning red to match my eyes.
My lonely reflection begins to get blurry
As the pain returns and my eyes fill.
I close my eyes tight,
Squeezing in my salty tears
And trying to find strength.

1 comment:

Daniel said...

Hi, I saw you posted on my blog a few times even though I have no idea who you are. I thought I'd tag you bag.
Tag!